Mission and mandate
The Autorité des marchés publics (AMP) is an independent public procurement oversight authority in Québec that is responsible for:
- examining the bidding or award processes governing all Québec public contracts;
- examining the execution of public contracts brought to its attention;
- monitoring markets to detect problematic situations that affect competition;
- sharing best contracting practices with public bodies;
- applying measures to ensure the integrity and performance of enterprises that do business or wish to do business with the government:
- include offending companies in the register of ineligible businesses;
- issue authorizations to contract with the government;
- centralize business performance reports (pending);
- jointly establish with the Secrétariat du Conseil du trésor the operating rules of the electronic tender solicitation system (SEAO).
Once it has intervened with respect to a public body, the AMP can order that an invitation to tender be changed or that it be cancelled where warranted.